Skip to main content

Tiistai 🇫🇮 Þriðjudagur 🇮🇸

The battle between summer and autumn is still going on. Even though the mornings are chilly, the days are far warmer than the average temperature around this time of the year. No wonder Abby and I passed out after my English lesson. She was snoring like a raging boar, and I fell into a coma-like state. When we finally woke up, it was already 4 p.m. It was high time to take my high tea.

Anyway, my English class was fantastic, like always. Charlette is the best teacher I've ever met, and her approach to teaching, particularly my education, is one of a kind. I feel lucky to meet her and honoured to learn from her. I couldn't get the great breakthrough I had been waiting for before I met her, but her guidance and tailor-made lessons ensured my progress. I'm totally grateful for her!

I must plan my next lesson for the A2 level group. I think I'll challenge them a bit harder and bring them another listening exercise we can dissect and talk about. They enjoyed it two weeks ago, and exposing them to British English would force them to listen carefully. Since the skeleton of the lesson is ready, I only need to add the details tomorrow morning. I'll do some review, teach them a few new words before the listening exercise, and get them to talk after the listening task. It sounds like a legit plan.

This morning, I checked our house on Google Earth. Surprisingly, I can be seen on the top of our street. The Google car took a photo of me and Abby before turning into our street when we were there. What a coincidence! Although I look like a demented old git with a bulging belly, dragging a poor thing beside me. And just looking at my legs makes me question my ability to walk! My gait comes across as that of a plonker. And my arms, oh ruddy hell, my arms, just like a marionette puppy! Ladies and gentlemen, let's meet the bogeyman of Szentendre. YEE-EE-EE-HAAAAAAAAAA

And I've just got a message from one of my CELTA peers, Elizabeth, that she'll come to Hungary this weekend. What a pleasant surprise. Since the course was online and she was in Italy, Srah in France, Neringa in Tallinn, Tom in Tokyo, and I in Hungary, we didn't have the chance to meet up after the sessions. Usually, the participants who take the intensive course that requires physical presence during the teaching practices and the course are asked to work together. But the online group is different. Even though they could meet online, they hardly ever socialize. Anyway, let's see if we can meet somewhere.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keskiviikko 🇫🇮 Miðvikudagur 🇮🇸

My new bridge is in my mouth. It took the doc almost an hour to meticulously and precisely fit it in and cement it. I wasn't allowed to eat for three hours, and I still can't chew anything on the left side of my jaw. However, my dental features are ship-shape-and-shiny. Only one tooth is left: they need to replace the old filling. Once it's done, I'll have a Hollywood-type smile. Before the dental care, I went through the lesson plan I'd prepared the other day for today. When I returned home from the dentist, I took Abby for her afternoon walk and drove to Budapest to teach. Before arriving at where I taught, I popped into a store to buy some "kifli" for later and four "Túró Rudi" to appease my rumbling stomach.  After teaching, I hurried back home, grabbed two "kifli", some butter and plum jam, and ate like a king. It was already pitch dark when we returned from our evening walk with Abby. I hate the early dusks. However, summer tries

Goodbye 2023 - Hello 2024

2023 has been an interesting year for many reasons. There were ups and downs, good and bad times, laughter and tears, but most importantly, us being together. During the last few years, I've noticed that we can overcome any obstacles together, which is a fantastic and soothing thought. Come 2024, for better or worse, together we will solve everything. May the world be a better place in 2024.

GRAZ - day 1 - 🇦🇹

We are in Graz, as Ági’s linguist conference starts tomorrow. We woke up early in the morning. I had to de-ice the cars, which took an hour. Once I finished the job, Ági took Abby to the dog sitter, and I packed my things for the weekend. Abby didn’t want to stay at the dog-sitter - poor thing - but Ági’s callousness conquered her temper tantrum. Travelling to Austria is always a pleasure. The roads were clean, the traffic was not heavy, and taking the scenic route was a brilliant decision. We could have opted for the Balaton route, but the northern direction seemed a better choice. We stopped at an unknown little village, where the shopping mall was phenomenal. We grabbed a coffee and stretched our legs because sitting in a car for hours is not the best thing in the world. Anyway, we arrived at the hotel - which looks great - safe and sound. The room is small but clean, however, the area is a bit dodgy. It’s close to the main train station, which attracts many people, so it is a busy