Skip to main content

Tiistai 🇫🇮 Þriðjudagur 🇮🇸

My day was alright. I rearranged the shelves in the basement, which took me two hours to complete. I could have spent more time rearranging, but I had to deal with my homework before the class this afternoon. I had to read a story and summarise its content, write about the characters, and describe my impression.

Even though the weather forecast predicts warmer days, the presence of autumn is palpable. The nights are much colder than a week ago, and the morning walks with Abby are faster due to the chilly temperature. I quite like the lower temperature and enjoy taking cold showers in the evenings because they refresh my body. However, I miss my summer sandals, shorts, and T-shirts. Walking Abby without having to don my jacket and put on several other layers was much easier.

The English class with Charlette was fantastic. The sixty minutes flew by like a bullet train. I feel lucky to learn from her. After the lesson, I prepared my high tea cocoa pancakes. I love pancakes. When I devoured the nosh, it was already late, and the sun was about to go down completely. The early dusk makes us depressed. I'm not too fond of long dark periods, hence my aversion to the colder months.

The ongoing horror in Israel makes us wonder what the next few days will bring. The severity of the atrocities on both sides is terrible. The number of casualties is soaring, and no one sees the end. Even though, in light of current and past tensions, calling that part of the world the Holy Land is somewhat ambiguous, one can only hope war will cease soon. Frighteningly Biblical times we have to witness nowadays. The violent gender ideology in the press, the ongoing tension around many parts of the world, and the stupefying greed of the staggeringly low number of wealthy people compared to the world's population are beyond words. Let's hope for a better tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keskiviikko 🇫🇮 Miðvikudagur 🇮🇸

My new bridge is in my mouth. It took the doc almost an hour to meticulously and precisely fit it in and cement it. I wasn't allowed to eat for three hours, and I still can't chew anything on the left side of my jaw. However, my dental features are ship-shape-and-shiny. Only one tooth is left: they need to replace the old filling. Once it's done, I'll have a Hollywood-type smile. Before the dental care, I went through the lesson plan I'd prepared the other day for today. When I returned home from the dentist, I took Abby for her afternoon walk and drove to Budapest to teach. Before arriving at where I taught, I popped into a store to buy some "kifli" for later and four "Túró Rudi" to appease my rumbling stomach.  After teaching, I hurried back home, grabbed two "kifli", some butter and plum jam, and ate like a king. It was already pitch dark when we returned from our evening walk with Abby. I hate the early dusks. However, summer tries

Goodbye 2023 - Hello 2024

2023 has been an interesting year for many reasons. There were ups and downs, good and bad times, laughter and tears, but most importantly, us being together. During the last few years, I've noticed that we can overcome any obstacles together, which is a fantastic and soothing thought. Come 2024, for better or worse, together we will solve everything. May the world be a better place in 2024.

GRAZ - day 1 - 🇦🇹

We are in Graz, as Ági’s linguist conference starts tomorrow. We woke up early in the morning. I had to de-ice the cars, which took an hour. Once I finished the job, Ági took Abby to the dog sitter, and I packed my things for the weekend. Abby didn’t want to stay at the dog-sitter - poor thing - but Ági’s callousness conquered her temper tantrum. Travelling to Austria is always a pleasure. The roads were clean, the traffic was not heavy, and taking the scenic route was a brilliant decision. We could have opted for the Balaton route, but the northern direction seemed a better choice. We stopped at an unknown little village, where the shopping mall was phenomenal. We grabbed a coffee and stretched our legs because sitting in a car for hours is not the best thing in the world. Anyway, we arrived at the hotel - which looks great - safe and sound. The room is small but clean, however, the area is a bit dodgy. It’s close to the main train station, which attracts many people, so it is a busy