Skip to main content

Maanantai 🇫🇮 Mánudagur 🇮🇸

I decided to use the Finnish days' name again. Not because I'm pretentious or want to boast about my non-existent Finnish knowledge, but because I still miss one of the best series I've seen so far, Bordertown. I wish I could set aside some time to learn Finnish and the other languages that have been waiting for me, such as Icelandic, Turkish, Spanish, Portuguese, and, let's not forget, French.

Anyway, hardly had I buckled down to complete my homework when the locksmith called. He wondered if he could come today to install the fence in the back garden instead of the previously arranged Saturday. The fence is unlike the railing surrounding Buckingham Palace with those fancy golden figurines on top of each stick. Our fence is just a normal simple fence for normal simple people like us. We were happy about the news and were waiting for the guy. After hastily devouring our lunch and just as the coffee machine poured my cup of black refreshment, he pulled over. He brought the iron skeleton of the fence that would hold the wooden slats preventing Abby from scampering into the common garden. There are no rare plants carefully tended by our neighbour or us; quite the contrary: a huge mess awaits those who dare to enter the premise. But let's not dwell on how our neighbour conceives of gardening. So, the guy came, and due to the location of the iron skeleton, we had to remove some branches and other parts of the hedge. Again. I thought we could get away this year with pruning or cutting any part of the shrubbery, but I couldn't have been more wrong. This seemingly insignificant job shouldn't have caused such turmoil inside my little soul, but it did. The heat made Ági knackered, and I was struggling with the Saturday skin roasting that burnt some parts of my right shoulder, causing blisters. Once we finished the preparation, the locksmith carefully unpacked his little tools and started installing the fence. While he was working, I finished my homework, and by the time I completed it, the guy finished the job, too. He'll need to return to install the wooden slats.

As for my English studies, I completed the homework, as I'd said before, and asked ChatGPT to help me expand my vocabulary. I enjoyed both activities tremendously. Tomorrow is the English class with Charlette. I'm looking forward to it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keskiviikko 🇫🇮 Miðvikudagur 🇮🇸

My new bridge is in my mouth. It took the doc almost an hour to meticulously and precisely fit it in and cement it. I wasn't allowed to eat for three hours, and I still can't chew anything on the left side of my jaw. However, my dental features are ship-shape-and-shiny. Only one tooth is left: they need to replace the old filling. Once it's done, I'll have a Hollywood-type smile. Before the dental care, I went through the lesson plan I'd prepared the other day for today. When I returned home from the dentist, I took Abby for her afternoon walk and drove to Budapest to teach. Before arriving at where I taught, I popped into a store to buy some "kifli" for later and four "Túró Rudi" to appease my rumbling stomach.  After teaching, I hurried back home, grabbed two "kifli", some butter and plum jam, and ate like a king. It was already pitch dark when we returned from our evening walk with Abby. I hate the early dusks. However, summer tries

Goodbye 2023 - Hello 2024

2023 has been an interesting year for many reasons. There were ups and downs, good and bad times, laughter and tears, but most importantly, us being together. During the last few years, I've noticed that we can overcome any obstacles together, which is a fantastic and soothing thought. Come 2024, for better or worse, together we will solve everything. May the world be a better place in 2024.

GRAZ - day 1 - 🇦🇹

We are in Graz, as Ági’s linguist conference starts tomorrow. We woke up early in the morning. I had to de-ice the cars, which took an hour. Once I finished the job, Ági took Abby to the dog sitter, and I packed my things for the weekend. Abby didn’t want to stay at the dog-sitter - poor thing - but Ági’s callousness conquered her temper tantrum. Travelling to Austria is always a pleasure. The roads were clean, the traffic was not heavy, and taking the scenic route was a brilliant decision. We could have opted for the Balaton route, but the northern direction seemed a better choice. We stopped at an unknown little village, where the shopping mall was phenomenal. We grabbed a coffee and stretched our legs because sitting in a car for hours is not the best thing in the world. Anyway, we arrived at the hotel - which looks great - safe and sound. The room is small but clean, however, the area is a bit dodgy. It’s close to the main train station, which attracts many people, so it is a busy