Skip to main content

Sunnuntai 🇫🇮

We woke up to a gloomy and rainy day. After finishing breakfast and drinking our coffees, Ági suggested that we go for a walk before the rain. It was a brilliant idea because on the way back home it started to rain, and it's been raining since then. And boy, was it cold outside! The temperature dropped to +13°C, but it felt even less in the strong wind. Where are the nice warm days when we could go out for our walk wearing nothing but a T-shirt and a short, not to mention my beloved TEVA sandals? The afternoon walk with Abby was equally shite, as the rain and wind were still on. Poor thing, she returned with completely soaked fur.

Anyway, the air pressure put so much pressure on our system that both of us had to nod off after lunch. First, I lost consciousness, and after waking up with a start, Ági fell into a deep sleep. I'd better pull myself together and get back to my weekend routine. I have a plan so crazy that it might just work. Except for tomorrow and the Thursday of the following week - when I'll be travelling to Vienna with and for Ági and back home - I'll take my studies to another level. Having two lessons with Charlette and completing the homework, I know how to proceed with my learning process. 

On a side note, I must restructure my schedule completely. The first three-month-long period after completing the CELTA course was a great and useful experience. I learned a lot about my studying habits, discovered the weak and strong areas of my English, and finally, could put together a realistic goal for this year. Hankering for sitting a CPE exam this year is not an unrealistic goal for me. I'm not ready yet, but I know how to prepare myself for the big event, not to mention that I have a fantastic teacher and a wonderful wife who fully support me. I'll not fail, I know. And for what it's worth, this is the first time in my life that I don't think of it as a possible event of a big failure. That's what I call a kind of process, innit?

Well, this is for today, I'm afraid. The day is not over yet, however, I'd like to work out before taking Abby for her evening walk and learn Finnish a bit. I totally love this language. Besides English 🇬🇧, there are a few other languages that I'd love to master, such as Finnish 🇫🇮, Icelandic 🇮🇸, French 🇫🇷, Welsh 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿, Spanish 🇪🇸, Portuguese 🇵🇹, and German 🇩🇪, however silly the latter might sound. And if I had more time, learning other exotic languages would be great.

I'll finish it, I promise, but I can't get rid of the Finnish series we've just completed recently, Bordertown. Its original soundtrack is available on Apple Music, and I've been listening to it since I started writing this entry. Music is exciting. If the composer manages to hit the right tunes, it could immediately take us back to certain memories. And not only taking us back but also reliving those moments so powerfully that we might experience the complete sensation that walked us through that particular memory. Still, I don't remember every scene from the series, but I can still recall the joy I experienced while watching it. Those flashing images, particular gestures from the characters combined with the music, are coming out of the back of my head on a long imaginary roll of film. But, enough of Bordertown... Olen suuri suomalaisen sarjan Bordertown fani.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keskiviikko 🇫🇮 Miðvikudagur 🇮🇸

My new bridge is in my mouth. It took the doc almost an hour to meticulously and precisely fit it in and cement it. I wasn't allowed to eat for three hours, and I still can't chew anything on the left side of my jaw. However, my dental features are ship-shape-and-shiny. Only one tooth is left: they need to replace the old filling. Once it's done, I'll have a Hollywood-type smile. Before the dental care, I went through the lesson plan I'd prepared the other day for today. When I returned home from the dentist, I took Abby for her afternoon walk and drove to Budapest to teach. Before arriving at where I taught, I popped into a store to buy some "kifli" for later and four "Túró Rudi" to appease my rumbling stomach.  After teaching, I hurried back home, grabbed two "kifli", some butter and plum jam, and ate like a king. It was already pitch dark when we returned from our evening walk with Abby. I hate the early dusks. However, summer tries

Goodbye 2023 - Hello 2024

2023 has been an interesting year for many reasons. There were ups and downs, good and bad times, laughter and tears, but most importantly, us being together. During the last few years, I've noticed that we can overcome any obstacles together, which is a fantastic and soothing thought. Come 2024, for better or worse, together we will solve everything. May the world be a better place in 2024.

GRAZ - day 1 - 🇦🇹

We are in Graz, as Ági’s linguist conference starts tomorrow. We woke up early in the morning. I had to de-ice the cars, which took an hour. Once I finished the job, Ági took Abby to the dog sitter, and I packed my things for the weekend. Abby didn’t want to stay at the dog-sitter - poor thing - but Ági’s callousness conquered her temper tantrum. Travelling to Austria is always a pleasure. The roads were clean, the traffic was not heavy, and taking the scenic route was a brilliant decision. We could have opted for the Balaton route, but the northern direction seemed a better choice. We stopped at an unknown little village, where the shopping mall was phenomenal. We grabbed a coffee and stretched our legs because sitting in a car for hours is not the best thing in the world. Anyway, we arrived at the hotel - which looks great - safe and sound. The room is small but clean, however, the area is a bit dodgy. It’s close to the main train station, which attracts many people, so it is a busy